Robertson's Word Pictures of the New Testament1 Corinthians 11:17
- This (touto).
- Probably the preceding one about the head-dress of women, and transition to what follows.
- I praise you not (ouk epainw).
- In contrast to the praise in 11:2.
- For the better (eiv to kreisson).
- Neuter articular comparative of kratuv, but used as comparative of kalov, good. Attic form kreitton.
- For the worse (eiv to hsson).
- Old comparative from hka, softly, used as comparative of kakov, bad. In N.T. only here and 2 Corinthians 12:15.