Robertson's Word Pictures of the New Testament1 Corinthians 11:25
- After supper (meta to deipnhsai).
- Meta and the articular aorist active infinitive, "after the dining" (or the supping) as in Luke 22:20.
- The new covenant (h kainh diathkh).
- For diathkh see on Matthew 26:28. For kainov see on Luke 5:38; see also Luke 22:20. The position of estin before en twi aimati (in my blood) makes it a secondary or additional predicate and not to be taken just with diathkh (covenant or will).
- As oft as ye drink it (osakiv an pinhte).
- Usual construction for general temporal clause of repetition (an and the present subjunctive with osakiv). So in verse 26.