Robertson's Word Pictures of the New Testament1 Corinthians 12:8
- To one (wi men).
- Demonstrative ov with men in dative case, to this one. The distribution or correlation is carried on by allwi de (verses 8,9,10), eterwi de (verses 9,10) for variety, nine manifestations of the Spirit's work in verses 8-10.
- The Word of wisdom (logov sopiav).
- Old words. Logov is reason, then speech. Wisdom is intelligence, then practical action in accord with it. Here it is speech full of God's wisdom (2:7) under the impulse of the Spirit of God. This gift is placed first (revelation by the Spirit).
- The word of knowledge (logov gnwsewv).
- This gift is insight (illumination) according to (kata) the same Spirit.