Robertson's Word Pictures of the New Testament1 Corinthians 13:8
- Love never faileth (Hh agaph oudepote piptei).
- New turn for the perpetuity of love. Piptei correct text, not ekpiptei, as in Luke 16:17. Love survives everything.
- They shall be done away (katarghthsontai).
- First future passive of katargew. Rare in old Greek, to make idle (argov), inoperative. All these special spiritual gifts will pass. It is amazing how little of human work lasts.
- They shall cease (pausontai).
- Future middle indicative of pauw, to make cease. They shall make themselves cease or automatically cease of themselves.