Robertson's Word Pictures of the New Testament1 Corinthians 16:3
- When I arrive (otan paragenwmai).
- Whenever I arrive, indefinite temporal conjunction otan and second aorist middle subjunctive.
- Whomsoever ye shall approve by letters (ouv ean dokimashte di' epistolwn).
- Indefinite relative with ean and aorist subjunctive of dokimazw (to test and so approve as in Philippians 1:10). "By letters" to make it formal and regular and Paul would approve their choice of messengers to go with him to Jerusalem (2 Corinthians 8:20). Curiously enough no names from Corinth occur in the list in Acts 20:4.
- To carry (apenegkein).
- Second aorist active infinitive of apoperw, to bear away.
- Bounty (xarin).
- Gift, grace, as in 2 Corinthians 8:4-7. As a matter of fact, the messengers of the churches (apostoloi ekklhsiwn 2 Corinthians 8:23) went along with Paul to Jerusalem (Acts 20:4).