Robertson's Word Pictures of the New Testament1 Corinthians 1:22
- Seeing that (epeidh).
- Resumes from verse 21. The structure is not clear, but probably verses 23,24 form a sort of conclusion or apodosis to verse 22 the protasis. The resumptive, almost inferential, use of de like alla in the apodosis is not unusual.
- Ask for signs (shmeia aitousin).
- The Jews often came to Jesus asking for signs (Matthew 12:38; 16:1; John 6:30).
- Seek after wisdom (sopian zhtousin).
- "The Jews claimed to possess the truth: the Greeks were seekers, speculators" (Vincent) as in Acts 17:23.