Robertson's Word Pictures of the New Testament1 Corinthians 1:6
- Even as (katwv).
- In proportion as (1 Thessalonians 1:5) and so inasmuch as (Philippians 1:7; Ephesians 1:4).
- The testimony of Christ (to marturion tou Xristou).
- Objective genitive, the testimony to or concerning Christ, the witness of Paul's preaching.
- Was confirmed in you (ebebaiwth en umin).
- First aorist passive of bebaiow, old verb from bebaiov and that from bainw, to make to stand, to make stable. These special gifts of the Holy Spirit which they had so lavishly received (ch. 1 Corinthians 12:1ff.) were for that very purpose.