Robertson's Word Pictures of the New Testament1 Corinthians 1:8
- Shall confirm (bebaiwsei).
- Direct reference to the same word in verse 6. The relative ov (who) points to Christ.
- Unto the end (ewv telouv).
- End of the age till Jesus comes, final preservation of the saints.
- That ye be unreproveable (anegklhtouv).
- Alpha privative and egkalew, to accuse, old verbal, only in Paul in N.T. Proleptic adjective in the predicate accusative agreeing with umav (you) without wste and the infinitive as in 1 Thessalonians 3:13; 5:23; Philippians 3:21. "Unimpeachable, for none will have the right to impeach" (Robertson and Plummer) as Paul shows in Romans 8:33; Colossians 1:22,28.