Robertson's Word Pictures of the New Testament1 Corinthians 1:9
- God is faithful (pistov o teov).
- This is the ground of Paul's confidence as he loves to say (1 Thessalonians 5:24; 1 Corinthians 10:13; Romans 8:36; Philippians 1:16). God will do what he has promised.
- Through whom (di' ou).
- God is the agent (di') of their call as in Romans 11:36 and also the ground or reason for their call (di' on) in Hebrews 2:10.
- Into the fellowship (eiv koinwnian).
- Old word from koinwnov, partner for partnership, participation as here and 2 Corinthians 13:13; Philippians 2:1; 3:10. Then it means fellowship or intimacy as in Acts 2:42; Galatians 2:9; 2 Corinthians 6:14; 1 John 1:3,7. And particularly as shown by contribution as in 2 Corinthians 8:4; 9:13; Philippians 1:5. It is high fellowship with Christ both here and hereafter.