Robertson's Word Pictures of the New Testament1 Thessalonians 5:12
- Them that labour among you (touv kopiwntav en umin).
- Old word for toil even if weary.
- And are over you in the Lord (kai proistamenouv umwn en Kuriwi).
- Same article with this participle. Literally, those who stand in front of you, your leaders in the Lord, the presbyters or bishops and deacons. Get acquainted with them and follow them.
- And admonish you (kai noutetountav umav).
- Old verb from noutethv and this from nouv (mind) and tithmi, to put. Putting sense into the heads of people. A thankless, but a necessary, task. The same article connects all three participles, different functions of the same leaders in the church.