Robertson's Word Pictures of the New Testament2 Corinthians 4:6
- God who said (o teov o eipwn).
- Paraphrase of Genesis 1:3.
- Who shined (ov elampsen).
- Like a lamp in the heart (cf. Matthew 5:15). Miners carry a lamp on the forehead, Christians carry one in their hearts lit by the Spirit of God.
- To give the light (prov pwtismon).
- For the illumination.
- In the face of Jesus Christ (en proswpwi Ihsou Xristou).
- The Christian who looks on the face of Jesus Christ as Moses looked upon the glory of God will be able to give the illumination of the knowledge of the glory of God. See 2:10 for proswpon.