Robertson's Word Pictures of the New Testament2 Corinthians 5:11
- The fear of the Lord (ton pobon tou Kuriou).
- Many today regard this a played-out motive, but not so Paul. He has in mind verse 10 with the picture of the judgment seat of Christ.
- We persuade (peitomen).
- Conative present active, we try to persuade. It is always hard work.
- Unto God (tewi).
- Dative case. God understands whether men do or not.
- That we are made manifest (pepanerwstai).
- Perfect passive infinitive of panerow in indirect discourse after elpizw. Stand manifested, state of completion.