Robertson's Word Pictures of the New Testament2 Corinthians 10:2
- I beseech (deomai).
- So here, but parakalw in verse 1. Perhaps, "I beg" suits the new turn here.
- That I may not when present show courage (to mh parwn tarrhsai).
- Articular infinitive (aorist active of tarrew) in the accusative case with negative mh the direct object of deomai. Literally, "I beg the not when present (parwn nominative present participle agreeing with subject of tarrw in spite of being in the accusative infinitive clause, to mh tarrhsai) showing courage." The example of humility in Christ makes Paul drop "from magisterial exhortation to earnest entreaty" (Plummer).
- As if we walked according to the flesh (wv kata sarka peripatountav).
- Another sneering charge as made plain by the use of wv with the participle for the alleged reason.