Robertson's Word Pictures of the New Testament2 Corinthians 12:1
- I must needs glory (kauxastai dei).
- This is the reading of B L Latin Syriac, but Aleph D Bohairic have de while K M read dh. The first is probably correct. He must go on with the glorying already begun, foolish as it is, though it is not expedient (ou sumperon).
- Visions (optasiav).
- Late word from optazw. See on "Lu 1:22"; see also Acts 26:19.
- Revelations of the Lord (apokalupseiv Kuriou).
- Unveilings (from apokaluptw as in Revelation 1:1). See on "2Th 1:7"; see also 1 Corinthians 1:7; see also 1 Corinthians 14:26. Paul had both repeated visions of Christ (Acts 9:3; 16:9; 18:9; 22:17; 27:23) and revelations. He claimed to speak by direct revelation (1 Corinthians 11:23; 15:3; Galatians 1:12; Ephesians 3:3, etc.).