Robertson's Word Pictures of the New Testament2 Corinthians 12:21
- When I come again (palin eltontov mou).
- Genitive absolute. Paul assumes it as true.
- Lest my God humble me (mh tapeinwshi me o teov mou).
- Negative final clause (mh and first aorist active subjunctive), going back to poboumai in 20. He means a public humiliation as his fear. The conduct of the church had been a real humiliation whether he refers to a previous visit or not.
- That have sinned heretofore (twn prohmarthkotwn).
- Genitive plural of the articular perfect active participle of proamartanw to emphasize continuance of their sinful state as opposed to mh metanohsantwn (did not repent) in the aorist tense.