Robertson's Word Pictures of the New Testament2 Corinthians 4:13
- According to that which is written (kata to gegrammenon).
- This formula in legal documents in the papyri (Bible Studies, p. 250). Paul makes adaptation of the words in Psalms 95:1.
- We also believe (kai hmeiv pisteuomen).
- Like the Psalmist. And therefore can speak with effect. Otherwise useless.
- Shall present us with you (kai parasthsei sun hmin).
- This shows that Paul was not certain that he would be alive when Jesus comes as has been wrongly inferred from 1 Corinthians 7:29; 10:11; 15:51.