Robertson's Word Pictures of the New Testament2 Corinthians 6:16
- Agreement (sunkatatesiv).
- Fifth of these words. Late word, but common, though here only in N.T. Approved by putting together the votes. In the papyri ek sunkatatesewv means "by agreement." On the temple of God and idols see 1 Corinthians 10:14-22. See Luke 23:51 for the verb sunkatatithmi.
- For we are the temple of the living God (hmeiv gar naov teou esmen zwntov).
- We, not temples (Acts 7:48; 17:24; 1 Corinthians 3:16; 6:19).
- As God said (katwv eipen o teov).
- A paraphrase and catena of quotations, what J. Rendel Harris calls Testimonia (from Leviticus 26:11; Isaiah 52:11; Ezekiel 20:34; 37:27; 2 Samuel 7:8,14). Plummer notes that at the beginning "I will dwell in them" (enoikhsw en autoiv) is not in any of them. "As God said" points to Leviticus 26:12; Ezekiel 37:27.