Robertson's Word Pictures of the New Testament2 Timothy 3:17
- The man of God (o tou teou antrwpov).
- See 1 Timothy 6:11.
- May be complete (ina hi artiov).
- Final clause with ina and present subjunctive of eimi. Artiov is old word (from root arw, to fit), specially adapted, here only in N.T.
- Furnished completely (exhrtismenov).
- Perfect passive participle of exartizw, rare verb, to furnish (fit) fully (perfective use of ex), in N.T. only here and Acts 21:5. In Josephus. For katartizw, see Luke 6:40; 2 Corinthians 13:11.