Robertson's Word Pictures of the New Testament2 Timothy 2:22
- Youthful (newterikav).
- Literary Koine word (Polybius, Josephus), only here in N.T. There are lusts peculiar to flaming youth.
- Flee (peuge).
- Present active imperative of peugw, old and common verb. In this sense see 1 Corinthians 6:18.
- Follow after (diwke).
- Present active imperative of diwkw as if in a chase for which sense see 1 Thessalonians 5:15. Steady pursuit of these virtues like those in Galatians 5:22.
- Call on the Lord (epikaloumenon ton kurion).
- See 1 Corinthians 1:2; Romans 10:12-14.