Robertson's Word Pictures of the New TestamentActs 5:9
- Ye have agreed together (sunepwnhth umin).
- First aorist passive indicative of sumpwnew (to voice together, symphony), impersonal with dative; It was agreed together by you (or for you). "Your souls were allured together respecting this deceit" (Vincent).
- To tempt the Spirit of the Lord (peirasai to pneuma kuriou).
- Like "Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God." It was close to the unpardonable sin which was attributing the manifest work of the Holy Spirit to Beelzebub.
- The feet (oi podev).
- Graphic picture by Peter as he heard the steps of the young men at the door.