Robertson's Word Pictures of the New TestamentActs 6:12
- They stirred up the people (sunekinhsan ton laon).
- They shook the people together like an earthquake. First aorist active indicative of sunkinew, to throw into commotion. Old verb, but here only in the N.T. The elders and the scribes (Pharisees) are reached, but no word about the Sadducees. This is the first record of the hostility of the masses against the disciples (Vincent).
- Came upon him (epistantev).
- Second aorist (ingressive) active participle of episthmi. Rushed at him.
- Seized (sunhrpasan).
- Effective aorist active of sunarpazw as if they caught him after pursuit.