Robertson's Word Pictures of the New TestamentActs 10:45
- They of the circumcision which believed (oi ek peritomhv pistoi).
- The believing ones of the circumcision, more exactly.
- Were amazed (exesthsan).
- Second aorist active indicative, intransitive, of existhmi. They stood out of themselves.
- On the Gentiles also (kai epi ta etnh).
- Or, even upon the Gentiles.
- Was poured out (ekkexutai).
- Present perfect passive retained in indirect discourse of ekxew or ekxunw, old verb, used metaphorically of the Holy Spirit also in 2:17 (from Joel 2:28), Acts 2:33.