Robertson's Word Pictures of the New TestamentActs 21:6
- Beach (aigialon).
- As in Matthew 13:2 which see. This scene is in public as at Miletus, but they did not care.
- Bade each other farewell (apespasameta allhlouv).
- First aorist middle of apaspazomai. Rare compound, here alone in the N.T. Tender scene, but "no bonds of long comradeship, none of the clinging love" (Furneaux) seen at Miletus (Acts 20:37).
- Home again (eiv ta idia).
- To their own places as of the Beloved Disciple in John 19:27 and of Jesus in John 1:11. This idiom in the papyri also.