Robertson's Word Pictures of the New TestamentActs 26:20
- But declared (alla aphggellon).
- Imperfect active of apaggellw, repeatedly.
- Throughout all the country of Judea (pasan te thn xwran thv Ioudaiav).
- The accusative here in the midst of the datives (toiv en Damaskwi, Ierosolumois, toiv etnesin) seems strange and Page feels certain that eiv should be here even though absent in Aleph A B. But the accusative of extent of space will explain it (Robertson, Grammar, p. 469).
- Doing works worthy of repentance (axia thv metanoiav erga prassontav).
- Accusative case of present active participle prassontav because of the implied autouv with the present infinitive metanoein (repent) and epistrepein (turn), though the dative prassousin could have been used to agree with etnesin (Gentiles). Cf. Matthew 3:8 for similar language used of the Baptist. Paul, the greatest of theologians, was an interesting practical preacher.