Robertson's Word Pictures of the New TestamentActs 22:29
- Departed from him (apesthsan ap' autou).
- Second aorist active indicative (intransitive) of apisthmi, stood off from him at once.
- Was afraid (epobhth).
- Ingressive aorist passive indicative of pobeomai, became afraid. He had reason to be.
- That he was a Roman (oti Romaiov estin).
- Indirect assertion with tense of estin retained.
- Because he had bound him (oti auton hn dedekwv).
- Causal oti here after declarative oti just before. Periphrastic past perfect active of dew, to bind.