Robertson's Word Pictures of the New TestamentActs 26:19
- Wherefore (oten).
- This relatival adverb (cf. 14:26; 28:13) gathers up all that Paul has said.
- I was not disobedient (ouk egenomhn apeithv).
- Litotes again, "I did not become (second aorist middle indicative of ginomai) disobedient" (apeithv, old word already in Luke 1:17).
- Unto the heavenly vision (thi ouraniwi optasiai).
- A later form of opsiv, from optazw, in LXX, and in N.T. (Luke 1:22; 24:23; Acts 26:19; 2 Corinthians 12:1). Only time that Paul uses it about seeing Christ on the Damascus road, but no reflection on the reality of the event.