Robertson's Word Pictures of the New TestamentColossians 3:1
- If then ye were raised together with Christ (ei oun sunhgerthte twi Xristwi).
- Condition of the first class, assumed as true, like that in 2:20 and the other half of the picture of baptism in 2:12 and using the same form sunhgerthte as then which see for the verb sunegeirw. Associative instrumental case of Xristwi.
- The things that are above (ta anw).
- "The upward things" (cf. Philippians 3:14), the treasure in heaven (Matthew 6:20). Paul gives this ideal and goal in place of merely ascetic rules.
- Seated on the right hand of God (en dexiai tou teou kathmenov).
- Not periphrastic verb, but additional statement. Christ is up there and at God's right hand. Cf. 2:3.