Robertson's Word Pictures of the New TestamentEphesians 4:19
- Being past feeling (aphlghkotev).
- Perfect active participle of apalgew, old word to cease to feel pain, only here in N.T.
- To lasciviousness (thi aselgeiai).
- Unbridled lust as in 2 Corinthians 12:21; Galatians 5:19.
- To work all uncleanness (eiv ergasian akatarsiav pashv).
- Perhaps prostitution, "for a trading (or work) in all uncleanness." Certainly Corinth and Ephesus could qualify for this charge.
- With greediness (en pleonexiai).
- From pleonekthv, one who always wants more whether money or sexual indulgence as here. The two vices are often connected in the N.T.