Robertson's Word Pictures of the New TestamentHebrews 10:12
- When he had offered (prosenegkav).
- Second aorist active participle (with first aorist ending -av in place of -on) of prosperw, single act in contrast to present participle prosperwn above.
- One sacrifice (mian tusian).
- This the main point. The one sacrifice does the work that the many failed to do. One wonders how priests who claim that the "mass" is the sacrifice of Christ's body repeated explain this verse.
- For ever (eiv to dihnekev).
- Can be construed either with mian tusian or with ekatisen (sat down). See 1:3 for ekatisen.