Robertson's Word Pictures of the New TestamentHebrews 10:32
- Call to remembrance (anamimnhskeste).
- Present middle imperative of anamimnhskw, as in 2 Corinthians 7:15 "remind yourselves." The former days were some distance in the past (5:12), some years at any rate. It is a definite experience of people in a certain place. Jerusalem Christians had had experiences of this nature, but so had others.
- After ye were enlightened (pwtistentev).
- First aorist passive participle of pwtizw in the same sense as in 6:4 (regeneration) and like "the full knowledge of the truth" in 10:26.
- Conflict (atlhsin).
- Late word from atlew, to engage in a public contest in the games (2 Timothy 2:5), only here in the N.T. It occurs in the inscriptions. Cf. Hebrews 2:10 for the benefit of "sufferings" in training.