Robertson's Word Pictures of the New TestamentJohn 3:21
- That doeth the truth (o poiwn thn alhteian).
- See 1 John 1:6 for this striking phrase.
- Comes to the light (erxetai prov to pwv).
- Is drawn by the light, spiritual heliotropes, not driven from it.
- That may be made manifest (ina panerwthi).
- Final ina with first aorist passive subjunctive of panerow.
- They have been wrought in God (en tewi estin eirgasmena).
- Periphrastic perfect passive indicative of ergazomai. He does not claim that they are perfect, only that they have been wrought in the sphere of and in the power of God. Hence he wants the light turned on.