Robertson's Word Pictures of the New TestamentJohn 12:26
- If any man serve me (ean emoi tiv diakonhi).
- Condition of third class again (ean with present active subjunctive of diakonew, keep on serving with dative emoi).
- Let him follow me (emoi akolouteitw).
- "Me (associative instrumental case) let him keep on following" (present active imperative of akoloutew).
- Where ... there (opou ... ekei).
- In presence and spiritual companionship here and hereafter. Cf. 14:3; 17:24; Matthew 28:20.
- Shall honour (timhsei).
- Future active of timaw, but it may be the kind of honour that Jesus will get (verse 23).