Robertson's Word Pictures of the New TestamentJohn 8:10
- Lifted up himself (anakupsav).
- First aorist active participle of anakuptw as in verse 7.
- Where are they? (Pou eisin;).
- Jesus had kept on writing on the ground as the accusers had slipped away one by one.
- Did no man condemn thee? (oudeiv se katekrinen;).
- First aorist active indicative of katakrinw, old and common verb to give judgment against (down on) one, but not in John. No one dared to cast a stone at the woman on Christ's terms.