Robertson's Word Pictures of the New TestamentLuke 11:21
- Fully armed (katwplismenov).
- Perfect passive participle of katoplizw, an old verb, but here only in the N.T. Note perfective use of kata in composition with oplizw, to arm (from opla, arms). Note indefinite temporal clause (otan and present subjunctive pulasshi).
- His own court (thn eautou aulhn).
- His own homestead. Mark 3:27; Matthew 12:29 has "house" (oikian). Aulh is used in the N.T. in various senses (the court in front of the house, the court around which the house is built, then the house as a whole).
- His goods (ta uparxonta autou).
- "His belongings." Neuter plural present active participle of uparxw used as substantive with genitive.