Robertson's Word Pictures of the New TestamentLuke 12:18
- I will pull down (katelw).
- Future active of katairew, an old verb, the usual future being katairhsw. This second form from the second aorist kateilon (from obsolete elw) like apelei in Revelation 22:19.
- My barns (mou tav apothkav).
- From apotithmi, to lay by, to treasure. So a granary or storehouse, an old word, six times in the N.T. (Matthew 3:12; 6:26; 13:30; Luke 3:17; 12:18,24).
- All my corn (panta ton siton).
- Better grain (wheat, barley), not maize or Indian corn.
- My goods (ta agata mou).
- Like the English, my good things. So the English speak of goods (freight) train.