Robertson's Word Pictures of the New TestamentLuke 18:5
- Yet (ge).
- Delicate intensive particle of deep feeling as here.
- Because this widow troubleth me (dia to parexein moi kopon thn xhran tauthn).
- Literally, because of the furnishing me trouble as to this widow (accusative of general reference with the articular infinitive).
- Lest she wear me out (ina mh upwpiazhi me).
- Some take it that the judge is actually afraid that the widow may come and assault him, literally beat him under the eye. That idea would be best expressed here by the aorist tense.