Robertson's Word Pictures of the New TestamentLuke 19:3
- He sought (ezhtei).
- Imperfect active. He was seeking, conative idea.
- Jesus who he was (Ihsoun tiv estin).
- Prolepsis, to see who Jesus was. He had heard so much about him. He wanted to see which one of the crowd was Jesus.
- For the crowd (apo tou oxlou).
- He was short and the crowd was thick and close.
- Stature (thi hlikiai).
- No doubt of that meaning here and possibly so in 2:52. Elsewhere "age" except Luke 12:25; Matthew 6:27 where it is probably "stature" also.