Robertson's Word Pictures of the New TestamentLuke 21:8
- That ye be not led astray (mh planhthte).
- First aorist passive subjunctive with mh (lest). This verb planaw occurs here only in Luke though often in the rest of the N.T. (as Matthew 24:4,5,11,24, which see). Our word planet is from this word.
- The time is at hand (o kairov hggiken).
- Just as John the Baptist did of the kingdom (Matthew 3:2) and Jesus also (Mark 1:15).
- Go ye not after them (mh poreuthte opisw autwn).
- First aorist passive subjunctive with mh. A needed warning today with all the false cries in the religious world.