Robertson's Word Pictures of the New TestamentMark 12:41
- Sat down over against the treasury (katisav katenanti tou gazopulakiou).
- The storm is over. The Pharisees, Sadducees, Herodians, scribes, have all slunk away in terror ere the closing words. Mark draws this immortal picture of the weary Christ sitting by the treasury (compound word in the LXX from gaza, Persian word for treasure, and pulakh, guard, so safe for gifts to be deposited).
- Beheld (etewrei).
- Imperfect tense. He was watching
- how the multitude cast money (pwv o oxlov ballei)
- into the treasury. The rich were casting in (eballon, imperfect tense) as he watched.