Robertson's Word Pictures of the New TestamentMark 14:14
- The goodman of the house (twi oikodespothi).
- A non-classical word, but in late papyri. It means master (despot) of the house, householder. The usual Greek has two separate words, oikou despothv (master of the house).
- My guest-chamber (to kataluma mou).
- In LXX, papyri, and modern Greek for lodging-place (inn, as in Luke 2:7 or guest-chamber as here). It was used for kan or xaravanserai.
- I shall eat (pagw).
- Futuristic aorist subjunctive with opou.