Robertson's Word Pictures of the New TestamentMark 10:24
- Were amazed (etambounto).
- Imperfect passive. A look of blank astonishment was on their faces at this statement of Jesus. They in common with other Jews regarded wealth as a token of God's special favour.
- Children (tekna).
- Here alone to the Twelve and this tender note is due to their growing perplexity.
- For them that trust in riches (touv pepoitotav epi toiv xrhmasin).
- These words do not occur in Aleph B Delta Memphitic and one Old Latin manuscript. Westcott and Hort omit them from their text as an evident addition to explain the difficult words of Jesus.