Robertson's Word Pictures of the New TestamentMark 10:35
- There come near unto him James and John (kai prosporeuontai Iakwbov kai Iwanhv).
- Dramatic present tense. Matthew has tote, then, showing that the request of the two brothers with their mother (Matthew 20:20) comes immediately after the talk about Christ's death.
- We would (telomen).
- We wish, we want, bluntly told.
- She came worshipping (proskunousa)
- Matthew says. The mother spoke for the sons. But they try to commit Jesus to their desires before they tell what they are, just like spoiled children.