Robertson's Word Pictures of the New TestamentMatthew 13:4
- As he sowed (en twi speirein auton).
- Literally, "in the sowing as to him," a neat Greek idiom unlike our English temporal conjunction. Locative case with the articular present infinitive.
- By the wayside (para thn odon).
- People will make paths along the edge of a ploughed field or even across it where the seed lies upon the beaten track.
- Devoured (katepagen).
- "Ate down." We say, "ate up." Second aorist active indicative of katestiw (defective verb).