Robertson's Word Pictures of the New TestamentMatthew 20:1
- For (gar).
- The parable of the house illustrates the aphorism in 19:30.
- A man that is a householder (antrwpwi oikodespothi).
- Just like antrwpwi basilei (18:23). Not necessary to translate antrwpwi, just "a householder."
- Early in the morning (ama prwi).
- A classic idiom. Hama as an "improper" preposition is common in the papyri. Prwi is just an adverb in the locative. At the same time with early dawn, break of day, country fashion for starting to work.
- To hire (mistwsastai).
- The middle voice aorist tense, to hire for oneself.