Robertson's Word Pictures of the New TestamentRevelation 21:21
- Twelve pearls (dwdeka margaritai).
- These gate towers (pulwnev) were mentioned in verses 12. Each of these (cf. Isaiah 54:12) is a pearl, one of the commonest of jewels (Matthew 7:6; 13:46; 1 Timothy 2:9).
- Each one (ana eiv ekastov).
- Distributive use of ana, but with the nominative (used as adverb, not preposition) rather than the accusative (as a preposition) as appears also in Mark 14:19; John 8:9; with kata in Romans 12:5, "a barbaric construction" according to Charles.
- Street (plateia).
- For which word (broad way, odov understood) see Matthew 6:5, here the singular, but includes all the streets.
- Transparent (diaughv).
- Old word (from dia, through, augh, ray, shining through), here alone in N.T.