Robertson's Word Pictures of the New TestamentRomans 2:13
- Not the hearers--but the doers (ou gar oi akroatai--all' oi poihtai).
- The law was read in the synagogue, but there was no actual virtue in listening. The virtue is in doing. See a like contrast by James between "hearers" and "doers" of the gospel (James 1:22-25).
- Before God (para twi tewi).
- By God's side, as God looks at it.
- Shall be justified (dikaiwthsontai).
- Future passive indicative of dikaiow, to declare righteous, to set right. "Shall be declared righteous." Like James 1:22-25.