Robertson's Word Pictures of the New TestamentRomans 7:8
- Finding occasion (apormhn labousa).
- See 2 Corinthians 5:12; 11:12; Galatians 5:13 for apormhn, a starting place from which to rush into acts of sin, excuses for doing what they want to do. Just so drinking men use the prohibition laws as "occasions" for violating them.
- Wrought in me (kateirgasato en emoi).
- First aorist active middle indicative of the intensive verb katergazomai, to work out (to the finish), effective aorist. The command not to lust made me lust more.
- Dead (nekra).
- Inactive, not non-existent. Sin in reality was there in a dormant state.