Robertson's Word Pictures of the New TestamentRomans 7:14
- Spiritual (pneumatikov).
- Spirit-caused and spirit-given and like the Holy Spirit. See 1 Corinthians 10:3.
- But I am carnal (egw de sarkinov eimi).
- "Fleshen" as in 1 Corinthians 3:1 which see, more emphatic even than sarkikov," a creature of flesh."
- Sold under sin (pepramenov upo thn amartian).
- Perfect passive participle of pipraskw, old verb, to sell. See on Matthew 13:46; Acts 2:45, state of completion. Sin has closed the mortgage and owns its slave.