Robertson's Word Pictures of the New TestamentRomans 8:4
- The ordinance of the law (to dikaiwma tou nomou).
- "The requirement of the law."
- Might be fulfilled (ina plerwthi).
- Purpose of the death of Christ by ina and first aorist passive subjunctive of plhrow. Christ met it all in our stead (3:21-26).
- Not after the flesh, but after the Spirit (mh kata sarka alla kata pneuma).
- The two laws of life (kata sarka in 7:7-24, kata pneuma 8:1-11). Most likely the Holy Spirit or else the renewed spirit of man.