Robertson's Word Pictures of the New TestamentRomans 11:1
- I say then (legw oun).
- As in verse 11. Oun looks back to 9:16-33 and 10:19-21.
- Did God cast off? (mh apwsato o teos?).
- An indignant negative answer is called for by mh and emphasized by mh genoito (God forbid). Paul refers to the promise in the O.T. made three times: 1 Samuel 12:22; Psalms 94:14 (Ps 93:14 LXX); Psalms 94:4. First aorist middle indicative (without augment) of apwtew, to push away, to repel, middle, to push away from one as in Acts 7:27.
- For I also (kai gar egw).
- Proof that not all the Jews have rejected Christ. See Philippians 3:5 for more of Paul's pedigree.